Favorites: 2016

by - 16:28:00

((gifs not mine))

So 2016 is ending soon!!!! Why do the year always pass by so quickly??? Gosh!

Beauty

As you guys know, it's been months since I've been to Seoul and after coming back with crazy loads of shopping, these are my top favorite products that I've bought from there!!

1. Etude House Face Blur


This is the best primer ever?!!! LIKE OMG. So initially I was using Maybelline's baby skin pore eraser right? However I find that I didn't really like it since it has this oily texture and since my skin is already oily enough, I don't want it to add on. 

So instead I decided to try face blur, and since a lot of people recommended it I was like, okay let's try, after all in Korea it's damn cheap can. Cheaper than SG at least. 

AND I LOVE IT. LIKE I JUST LOVE IT!!

I won't go much into details since this is not a review post, but if you guys wanna see a review on this, leave a comment! 

2. Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette




Favorite palette for the year because I'm a sucker for the colors in it like rose golds and pink. I actually did a full review on this so you can read it here

3. Etude House Oil Control Pact


Living in a country like SG, how can don't have this? As you guys know, weather in SG is summer everyday, therefore we are all prone to oily skin every second!! 

Because I have super oily skin, I stopped using my powder foundation and straight away use this after my BB cushion/cream. 

This works man, like your face becomes instant matte!! I wouldn't recommend people with dry skin to use this cause it seriously makes your face matte!! But sadly, it doesn't last the entire day without having to re apply it every few hours. 

Lifestyle

1. OPI Nail polishes


So, I never really used OPI nail polishes only until this year when I actually found a box of of Minnie Mouse special collection by OPI in the drawer and I was like OMG OMG. I begged my mom to let me keep it (she wanted to give to someone).

Now I know why OPI is so well known amongst all the nail polish brands. Their nail polish colors are so freaking pretty and there's a whole wide variety of different colors and collections!! 

Plus, it's so easy to apply!! I stopped using other nail polish and have then stick to only OPI lol. But too bad, I can't buy much here in SG since 1 OPI nail polish is like so ex? To me anyways.. 

2. Klorane Dry Shampoo


One word to describe this - CONVENIENCE!!!!

I have super oily hair everytime I wake up, idk why though, so my hair would ended up being super flat and ugly and disgusting. 

So I have to use this before styling my hair for school. Super convenient and makes my hair smell nice as well!! Oh and after spraying it onto my scalp and massaging it in, my hair becomes puffy again. Oh thank the Lord. 

K Dramas Recommendations

Who doesn't love k dramas?! I mean, uh if you don't then skip this section.. So let's see, who loves k dramas?! I'm always looking for good k dramas to watch and when I meant "good", I meant those dramas which I'd prefer not to waste my time with their usual plots of the weak girl falling in love with the rich guy blah blah blah. 

This year, I've found a few k dramas which I had watched and I really really really love it!! Some of these dramas may have aired like last year or later fyi. 

1. Descendants of the Sun


Okay, if you have not heard of this drama, you must be living under the rock this whole time. 

First aired on February 24 and starring Song Joong Ki & Song Hye Kyo, this drama was a hit everywhere. Like literally even out of Asia please!! They first introduced this drama at the KBS Drama Awards 2015 last december and I was kinda excited for it. 

It's about a romance between a soldier and a doctor oohlala~

I mean hello, the plot is one of a kind! Hardly any k drama has a military plot in it right? Plus, it was SJK's comeback drama after army so I was like "this one confirm must watch!!" 

I wasn't disappointed with the entire series at all. In fact, it went way beyond my expectations. I really love it!

Not to mention, every week they release a new OST and each OST blows my mind away. If you do a research on all the OSTs, you guys will notice that for each OST is sung by very well known artists. Which makes their OSTs a hit as well!! 


2. Kill Me Heal Me


Okay, so this drama aired like in the beginning of 2015 but I only started watching it this year. I've heard of this drama last year but wasn't so interested cause I didn't know who Ji Sung or Hwang Jung Eum was. 

It wasn't until I watched Ji Sung's latest drama - Entertainer, which then led me to Kill Me Heal Me. 

Ji Sung plays a chaebol who suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and there's 6 personalities living in him of which every single one of them are darn cute!! He meets Hwang Jung Eum's character who would help him and his 6 personalities. LOL. 

Boy, why didn't I watched this drama earlier?! Like, everything about this drama is so darn funny, I don't normally like romantic comedies, but this one really top it!! 

It's actually difficult to infuse the idea of Dissociative Identity Disorder aka Multiple Personality Disorder, into a drama. But the writers manage to make it into a comedy as well so kudos to them!! 

Also, Ji Sung is a really really talented guy, playing 6 different personalities is not easy yet he managed to pull it off!! OMG. Plus, I love the chemistry between Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum, hope they would work together again! 

3. Doctors 


If you're someone looking for a cute romance drama, this is it. Starring Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, this drama is about Park Shin Hye being a tough girl this time (Heirs was really bad) and known for starting fights when she was in high school. She then met her new high school teacher who cared for her and (surprisingly) fell in love with her. 

But they were unable to develop a r/s (student - teacher a bit weird ah) and so due to some circumstances, they did not meet until 13 years later where they are both doctors in the same hospital. That's when he began pursuing her. 

For those who are sick of seeing Shin Hye acting as a weak girl again, this is the drama where you have to watch!! Kudos to her character for not being a damsel in distress, in fact, she's the one giving kicks and punches this time. 

Though a lot of people isn't too fond of the idea of the big age gap between the two characters especially since they used to have a teacher-student r/s, but I don't mind at all. I mean they didn't form any r/s when she was in school then and the fact that he waited for her for 13 years just makes my heart flutter lol!! 

   
4. W - Two Worlds


Starring Lee Jong Suk (oppppaaaaa) and Han Hyo Joo, who makes her small screen comeback after her last tv drama - Dong Yi!! 

I anticipated this drama after watching the trailer even though I didn't know what was it about lol cause it has Lee Jong Suk (like uh oppa leh please!!) and Han Hyo Joo who is one of my favorite actress cause I really loved her performance in Dong Yi. 

So technically when I watched the first episode, I was confused. After googling this drama and reading comments on it I finally got the geez of what this drama is about. 

Han Hyo Joo's character, Oh Yeon Joo, is a resident at a hospital, her father is a well known webtoon artist who is famous for his work, W. Lee Jong Suk stars as Kang Chul who is the male lead in... W?! Yeon Joo soon realised that Kang Chul has been alive all along and that there is an alternate universe in the comics.. 

A bit confusing right? One thing for sure is that this plot is really interesting, can you imagine falling in love with a webtoon character who is alive? Oh boy..  

5. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Ever since it was announced that there was going to be a remake of the very famous Chinese drama 步步惊心 starring Liu Shishi and Nicky Wu, I was like OOOHHH. 

When they announced the cast, I was like YASSSSSSSS. I mean Lee Jun Ki? King of historical dramas = MUST WATCH!!!!!! Plus along with a group of flower boys (yes I'm talking about Kang Haneul, Hong Jonghyun, Nam Joohyuk, Jisoo, Yoon Sun Woo and Baekhyun), HOW CAN DON'T WATCH?!?!! 

Thank God for ONE TV that I am able to catch it every monday and tuesday at 9pm. It telecasts alongside with Korea so I don't need to wait for the subs the next day online heh. 

I have never watched the chinese version, but I knew the story (from reading it online). In case yall don't know what is the story about, it's about a girl in the 21st century who time travelled back to the historical times where there are still Kings ruling the country. There she meets 7 princes of different personality and yup, you guessed it, she fell in love with one of them. (Or should I say.. 2?) 

Anyway, IU plays the female lead which I don't mind. So far, she's able to live up to her character so idk why there are people who's complaining about her. (Mainly k netz lmao) 

She had plenty of cute and sweet moments with Lee Jun Ki and Kang Haneul. Makes my heart flutter hehe!~ 

Oh, and the OST is great as well. My favorite so far is "Say Yes" by Punch and Loco. Oh and yes, there's a OST by EXO's main vocalists as well. 

If you are wondering what will the korean version of Scarlet Heart be like, go and watch it! You won't be disappointed! 
 6. Legend of the Blue Sea


So this drama has only recently started airing in December and I just had to add this onto my list of faves. When it was first released, I was not that interested in it cause I didn't know much about what the drama is gonna be like, plus I don't normally watch LMH's shows ever since BOF.

But then this drama had gotten so many good comments I'm like OKAY I SHALL TRY AND WATCH IT. 

AND OMG BOY AM I GLAD I STARTED TO WATCH IT cause after the first two eps, I was so hooked on it!! 

Like a love story between a mermaid and a human? It's something that the K drama industry has not try so I was like, okay let's see how this works! 

And can I say I really really love the interactions between (Queen) Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho. Like, omg. Her character is so adorable and funny, every episode never fail to make me laugh.

LMH's character is a dork and so cute as well. This pairing is really not that bad. I like it. 

Anyway, the story of LOTBS is about JJH's character who's a mermaid falling in love with this magistrate in the Joseon Era (played by LMH), and then somehow the story transits into the future, and our dear mermaid who falls in love with the reincarnation of the magistrate, the modern version of LMH's character. 

It's currently still airing but this is definitely a drama I would recommend. 

7. Goblin


Okay, so here's another "fantasy" k drama! Goblin, starring Gong Yoo (Coffee Prince, Train to Busan) and Kim Go Eun (Cheese in a Trap), comes from the writer of DOTS. Can you now imagine how this drama is gonna be like? heh. 

Just like LOTBS, I was skeptical, basically meh, when this drama was released but then I'm like, since I have no k dramas to watch currently, let's just try Goblin. Plus, last time I watched Gong Yoo on the small screen was the drama "Big". 

Anyway, yep, exact reaction as LOTBS, THIS DRAMA GOT ME HOOKED. Not only for their amusing scenes but also the stills. Like, the cinematography IS AWESOME. 

Goblin is basically about a general (where Kings and Queens still reign but idk if it's Joseon Era) whom, after coming back from war was ordered to be killed by the King cause they claimed he had committed treason. After all his family members were killed (as ordered by the King), the general took his sword and asked his right hand man to plunge it into his body. 

And somehow, I don't know how, this general became immortal and thus, became the Goblin. Fast forward to the present time, the Goblin is on a mission to find the "Goblin's bride" whom has the ability to pull his sword out from his body so he can finally die. 

With that, he meets 19 year old student, Ji Eun Tak (KGE), a cheerful and optimistic girl who is always bullied by her aunt and two cousins. She lost her mom since young and has been living with them. However, she has a special ability where she could see ghosts. Apparently it's because she's the Goblin's bride. 

So yep, these two meet and then start falling in love! Wheep~

Anyway, I know some netizens (rolls eyes) are kinda freaked out by the big age gap between the two leads. LMAO. I mean, k netz are always displeased with something so tch. But to me, I think this drama is worth a shot. It's more like a love story between two soul mates whom have a connection with each other, so it does not seemed to weird for me even with the age gap. 

Fans of Gong Yoo, this is definitely a drama you should catch! Oh, not to mention with the addition of Lee Dong Wook who plays a super handsome and cut Grim Reaper! Yes, there are also bromance scenes between the Goblin and the grim reaper! Hint, they are super cute lmao. 

Oh and I think it would help you better if you google about the Korean folklore on Goblins, cause if not you wouldn't understand the drama heh. 


2016 has been a fulfilling year for me. God has really blessed me so much and I would like to give thanks to him for seeing me through another year. 

2017 will be the year where I will start internship and it's also the year where it'd be my last year in poly before I graduate in 2018. 

I think I have emphasised enough but I'm still gonna say this again.. WHY IS TIME FLYING BY SO FAST??? 

It's passing by at an unbelievable speed (cue Mr Unbelievable) sigh. 

Well I shall not leave any resolutions here because I don't always follow them anyway. 

My goal for 2017 is probably the same as every year: to continue a closer walk with God and to serve him using gifts that he has blessed me with.. and to work hard in my studies! 

Okay, I'll finished up here. 

God Bless <3

You May Also Like

0 comments