Beauty Review: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette

by - 19:24:00

Seems like this year I've got quite a few beauty reviews huh! Hehe, well I think this is the first time I'm doing a review on a eyeshadow palette!


So the backstory of why I wanted this palette.. I did not know how to appreciate eyeshadow colors such as pinks and rose golds until I learned more about Korean makeup. I found out that Korean makeup uses lots of pinks and rose golds colors, just very light and subtle ones. 

Which is why I started digging through my only eye shadow palette that I had (which was also my first), the Coastal Scents 88 Warm palette. 

Initially I used very limited colors in the palette such as browns and the lighter colors for highlighting. However, I began re swatching all the colors that I have never used and I found them so beautiful! Man do I appreciate things late. 

Anyway, so I started using this shimmering rose gold color and started trying out different looks that I've seen in K dramas or kpop MVs. However, sadly in the palette, there's only one rose gold color. 

Other palette which would have consisted of pinks and rose golds would be the Urban Decay Naked 3. However, it cost about 50 over bucks just to get it at Sephora here. Thank God I knew about the Maybelline Blushed Nudes which the colors are similar to Naked 3 but it's SO MUCH MORE CHEAPER!!! 

Still a little expensive here in SG, so I asked my Aunt to help me get it in the US, which she got it for less than 10 USD which is around 16 SGD. Now that's definitely a great deal. 

Okay, enough talking. Time to get into the pictures! 

The front
The back
You can see at the back they have tips on how you could make use of different eyeshadows to create different looks! Check out their website as well for more looks from other girls! 


I have actually edited the image and add numbers to them so that when you see the swatches, it'd be easier to identify which color is which since the colors do not have names. 




So first, the things I love about this palette.. 

1. The Colors

I am currently a sucker for pinks and shimmering rose gold colors. The colors are similar to the UB Naked 3 even though some people might not think so. But it looks almost the same to me lol. 

Anyway, I especially love shade no. 3 & 7. 3 if of course, a shimmering rose gold color. I always used it on the center of my eyelids to brighten them up. Occasionally if I'm going for a lighter look, I'll use shade 7, it's not too clear since I used flash on my photos, but shade 7 is actually a light shimmery pink color. 

What I usually use on the outer corner of my eyelids would be shade no 2 followed by 4 or 11 followed by 12. This is when I wanna create a smokey effect. I know when people create smokey eye look they would use black. But I don't really like using black colors cause if I mess up, it's really difficult to clean up lol. So I always use browns instead. Plus, I don't really like it to be that heavy of a smokey eye. 
Added a skin filter cause I wasn't wearing any face makeup.. skin looks so bad :(

Added skin filter as well for this pic

2. Size 



The size of this palette is just SO CONVENIENT!!!!!! Like it's super travel friendly and I could fit it into my bag everywhere I go. Having 12 colors in a palette like this is a plus for me!!!!! 

Moving on to what I do not really like about this palette.. Which is only one thing.

Not pigmented enough. 

To be honest, when I was doing the swatches, I had to swatch about 2 to 3 times in order for the color to show. I realized that for the lighter shades, the colors are not so pigmented as compared to the lighter shade. 

But I think in order for the color to really show, I think it'd be a good idea to wet the brush (using a setting spray or water) to get more colors onto the brush before applying. 

So overall I would give this palette a 4/5 stars! If you really want to get UB Naked 3 but it's too expensive, try this. At least it's much more cheaper even if you think the colors aren't similar. 

Okay, that's the end of my review! I've got another review coming soon.. (Hint hint: It's a matte lip cream!!) 

God Bless <3

You May Also Like

0 comments