Beauty Review: Silkygirl Matte Lip Cream

by - 17:52:00

Back with another beauty review! So excited for this one because it is a product which I have always wanted and I finally got it at Watsons since there was a promotion going on!

As you can see from the title, it is Silkygirl's Matte Lip Cream. Matte lip creams and liquid lipsticks are trending nowadays, many popular brands such as Colorpop, ABH, Kylie Cosmetics etc all have liquid lipsticks products!

Since I'm asian, so I support asian brand lmao. JK don't get so sensitive people.

Anyway, I got 2 shades of Silkygirl's matte lip creams from Watsons. One was "Vixen" which is a red color and since I do not have any red lip color in my makeup collection, I was like okay I have to get one!!! (One makeup tip that I learned: ALWAYS have a red lip color cause red is always trendy)


The picture ruined it omg, okay it looks not too red here but wait till you see the swatch, the picture above doesn't do the color justice sigh.

The other color I got was "Glamour" which was a pinkish, peachy color. I had doubts about the color when I bought it at first cause I thought I wouldn't like it, but I was wrong, I LOVE IT LIKE IT'S SO PRETTY and it's not too nude and not too pinkish. It's like in between so I really really like it alot,


This is what it looks like before drying:


Please excuse my arm hairs. As you can see, "Vixen" is a bright red color which I absolutely love!


This is how it looks like when it's completely dry.

I love how this lip cream doesn't make my lips dry at all. I was expecting my lips to be peeling and feeling dry but no, I feel very comfortable wearing it.

Star factor: Able to last the entire day, I only need to re apply once (after I eat but not that it comes off when you eat, I just prefer to re apply so that the color would be vibrant again).

Oh but if your lips tend to crack and is always dry, I recommend prepping your lips before applying any matte products. What I do is scrub my lips and then apply lip balm before applying the matte lip creams.

It doesn't have any fragrance (to my dismay cause ya know I love nice smelling makeup products) but oh well, at least it does it's job.

When I wear "Vixen" I always use a lipliner first. When wearing a red lip color, it is better to always line your lips first so that it would look nicer. But when it comes to "Glamour" I just apply it without lining cause I don't have a suitable lip liner for this shade. Hope I would be able to find a similar shade to it!

I took a snapchat photo of me wearing Vixen..


I lined my lips and applied the lip cream when I was in the car which is why I didn't really do a good job applying the product which made my lips so small omg. 

Here's another better picture, I wore this shade during Chinese New Year when I went visiting! Such a suitable shade for the festive isn't it? 

gah all my pimples sigh 

And here's me wearing Glamour..


PS: I really really love Snapchat cam which is why I used it only for selfies! Plus the filters are cute.
I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS COLOR SO MUCH OMGGGGGGGGGG

Most of my lip colors consist of different shades of pinks, which is why I'm loving this cause it's not my usual pinkish lip color. I think I'm going to be wearing this more often from now on.. hehe. 

I might buy more shades in future but for now I'm satisfied with these two! 

Okay that's the end of my review, I'll be back with more! See ya'll soon~

God Bless! <3

You May Also Like

0 comments