Bangkok/Pattaya 2016 - #britsayssawadee PART 2

by - 16:07:00

If you have not read PART 1, click here!!

Let's continue shall we? Hehe.

DAY 3 . . .

The third day was full of shopping thats all. Nothing much really. Now, when you hear the words "shopping", "fashion" and "Bangkok", what comes into your mind?

For most people, especially girls, the name "PLATINUM FASHION MALL" will come to their mind!

I would say that Platinum is the ultimate shopping heaven for people who need new clothes. Located in the streets of Pratunam, Platinum was just about 10 mins away from Pathumwan if no traffic.


another mini pasar malam outside the mall
I didn't take pictures when I was inside cause I was busy shopping lol. It has about 6 floors if I am not wrong.. The first few floors are filled with women's clothings. Only 1 floor was given to men's HAHAHA. I mean that is probably why majority of the people who goes to Platinum are ladies. 

I managed to find a few pieces of clothing for Chinese New Year and school! Got several cute souvenirs for people as well. 

day 3 dinner

After intense shopping at Platinum, we headed back to the hotel and relaxed at tghe VIP lounge for a little while before heading to MBK for dinner!

Went to Mt. Fuji (restaurant duh) for japanese food since jap food in SG is like so ex. I had the set meal alongside other dishes. I didn't had the chance to have lunch at Platinum because all we wanted was to hurry up and buy what we needed to buy so gotta admit, a little while I was feeling a bit moody cause I was hangry. LMAO.

I mean if you were shopping the entire day and feeling tired and hungry, you'll naturally feel hangry right??

After dinner, me and my cousins went to the arcade at the top level of MBK and played a few games for a while lol while the adults went to do their own stuff. We played several arcade games that I had never played before (cause arcades in SG are not that cheap ya know)

So after that we went to get Starbucks (I got green tea latte!!) before heading back up to the room cause we were leaving for Pattaya the next day, so must get an early rest!!

DAY 4 . . . 

RISE AND SHINE GUYS! HEHE. Fourth day of Thailand trip is where we will be heading to Pattaya! YAY!

Okay, remember when I said in part 1 that it is a bad idea to go to BKK first and then to Pattaya?

Well, it's because.. THERE IS JUST SO MANY THINGS TO PACK OMG.

So let me tell ya how the morning of day 4 went..

After having breakfast, me, my mom, my aunt and cousin decide to go back to Platinum again for a quick shop because my cousin fell sick the day before. He had vomited and was really sick (we had to ask the hotel to call a doctor for him who then gave him a jab so he rested during the third day).

By the next day, he was feeling much better so we brought him to Platinum since he wanted to buy some clothes as well. So while shopping for about 2 hours, we had to quickly rush back because we needed to clear and pack our stuff as our room is suppose to be cleared by 12 noon as there is another guest coming.

The thing is, we forgot to inform the front desk the night before that we would like to extend our check out timing, so as a result, the front desk assumed that we are all checking out at 12 noon. (Our ride to Pattaya will only arrive at 3pm)

So after a whole lot of discussion and what not, we decided to shift every of our stuff to one room only. (Since there's three families, so there's three rooms)

It was very rush for us since we have not pack everything finish, so when we got back to the hotel, there was just a lot of stuff to be packed. And ya know, since all we can do in BKK is to buy stuff, there is just A LOT OF STUFF that we need to pack and bring WITH US to Pattaya!

Therefore, just a tip, always leave BKK the last place for your holiday, so if you want to travel to Pattaya or Phuket and BKK, travel to BKK last.

Anyway, end of story, let's continue shall we?

Our ride came at 3PM, since we have three families, there were 2 rides (mini vans).



My apologies for the bad quality pics, I don't know what happened lol.

The van is quite spacious, me and my bro sat behind. Ya know those van that celebrities use to travel? Yeah, something similar except there isn't any tinted windows..

The view on the way to Pattaya

So the second van (that I took) came like an hour late sigh, so we actually started travelling around 4 to 4:30PM.

It takes about 2 hours or less if possible, to get to Pattaya from Bangkok. Well, I'm assuming it must be about 2 hours since when we left it was still sunny, but when we reached Pattaya, it was already dark.

We reached the hotel/resort at about 7PM!

It was our first time staying at this hotel.. Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.

We decided to try out this hotel cause apparently it was cheap, much cheaper than the hotels we stayed before..

the lobby


children pool area


Isn't too bad huh? Yeah it wasn't that bad.. until we went up to the room.

Okay, so I have no pictures of the room because to be honest, it was kinda what I expected ya know. Cause I mean for a cheap price, getting a room like this is expected.

So.. rmb how awesome and spacious the room was in Bangkok? Super huge and nice? Well.. the room here is the opposite.

Super small and tiny.. Yes, cozy but.. still there are better hotels in my opinion. But what can I expect for a cheaper price? Can't complain much.

This hotel is good for families with children since there are a lot of kid friendly facilities.. But erm, we are not kids, so this hotel doesn't really impress us.

However, one thing good about this hotel is that the service staff are really nice. They remember you very well and would be glad to take care of you during your stay.

So I guess that's one thing good about this hotel. I just didn't really like how small the room was that's all. (I mean, my family are all big size people, it can get really uncomfortable sometimes ya know)

Anyway, after dumping our stuff in our room, we headed out to find food and eat.

fake chinatown..???
We find a "fake chinatown" just a few walks from the hotel. It was like a tze char place., and filled with lots of chinese people. But we didn't eat there though.. cause the stall owners were smart lol, they didn't bother putting prices on their stall signs, just pictures of the food itself.. lmao.

We headed to the opposite and found better stalls to eat from! Another round of authentic thai food!!





There were not much people so we were able to get a seat. I had Pad Thai again! No pictures cause I was so hungry that I forgot to take hehe.

I know some people don't really like to eat from street stalls like this cause of hygiene reasons, I was once like that too since I have a weak tummy. But heck, I mean, coming to Thailand expected one right, that street stalls are a lot common around then shopping centres food.

So I just properly say grace and then eat. I mean at least there's food to satisfy my hunger ya know.

After eating, we decided to walk further down the street and came across this mall.

Central Marina
It was a mall that we didn't knew existed lol cause we were always walking towards the other side of Pattaya.



Since it was the festive season, there were lots of decorations around! The theme of this mall is marine-ish (is it cause the mall is called central marina..??? lol).


It was quite late already so most of the stalls were closed.

Pasar malam!!
That concludes our fourth day in Thailand and first day in Pattaya!

I shall see ya in my next post and the last post of #britsayssawadee!

God Bless! <3

You May Also Like

0 comments